artist, writer, game designer, other
I'm an award-winning digital artist, writer and games designer. I make things with technology, and write a lot - sometimes at the same time, when I'm very lucky. I've done a lot of work for a lot of folks, but don't take my word for it - there's a whole list on this website, with pictures and everything.
Outside of my personal practice I'm also the founder and director of PΔSSENGER, an independent games studio focused on challenging interactive fiction. In 2021 we released our first major work, Closed Hands, a 130,000+ word piece of interactive fiction examining intertwined human stories in a crisis. I'm now working on games-influenced television scripts and the beginnings of a similarly influenced novel, both under wraps for now.
My work has been covered by the BBC, The Guardian, Forbes, Creative Review, The Face, and a whole pile of other places. I also occasionally write for the likes of the Guardian, Rockpapershotgun and the BBC.
For commissions, speaking enquiries, consultancy, bookings or whatever else, please use the contact form on this site. I'm usually quite busy, but... I'm also a sucker for an interesting brief.
I also do children's parties.
- Freelance digital artist at Dan Hett Ltd
- 2016 – Present Manchester, UK
- Technologist at BBC Research & Development
- 2015 – 2016 MediaCityUK, Salford
- Senior engineer at BBC Children’s
- 2012 – 2015 MediaCityUK, Salford
- Interactive developer at Havas Lynx
- 2008 – 2012 Manchester, UK
- New Media Writing Prize, NMWP
- BAFTA Winner – Children’s Interactive – The Dumping Ground, British Academy of Film and Television Arts
- BAFTA Nomination – Children’s Interactive – CBeebies Storytime, British Academy of Film and Television Arts
- Winner – Best Digital Children’s Content – CBeebies Storytime, Broadcast Digital Awards
- Highly Commended – Best Children’s App – CBeebies Storytime, Junior Design Awards
- BBC Children's
- BBC R&D
- British Council
- Manchester International Festival
- TATE Liverpool
- Open Data Institute
- Hacked Off
- Kettle's Yard
- Sonia Sabri Dance Company
- Manchester Science Festival
- Carbon Co-op
- Ludic Rooms
- Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- creative coding
- projection mapping
- rapid prototyping
- public speaking
- interaction design
- technical communication
- generative art
- workshops/technical sessions
- technical consulting